Level:Postgraduate (Masters level)
Course Convenor:Dr CJ Taylor
back to top
Curriculum Design: Outline Syllabusback to top
Intelligent control, hierarchical control architectures, review of classical and modern control, digital control systems, rule based systems, fuzzy logic, neural networks, self learning systems
Educational Aims: Subject Specific: Knowledge, Understanding and Skillsback to top
To provide an introduction to the design of intelligent control systems. To build upon current research and to enable students to make a contribution to practical applications.
Learning Outcomes: Subject Specific: Knowledge, Understanding and Skillsback to top
At the end of this module students will be able to:
- understand the various hierarchical architectures of intelligent control systems.
- use modern computational aids for the design of control systems.
- design and evaluate system performance in the time and frequency domain.
- understand and design simple rule-based controllers.
- understand and design fuzzy logic controllers.
- understand and design artificial neural networks.